Any 3D animated content that is created to render a 2D video can be converted into a Soopersim. In this era, videography has taken a digital avatar , movies, games, music videos, educational videos, Tutorials, commercials, etc. are created using 3D engines and editors. To create such effects in videos the scene is simulated using computers and then rendered to create a video. Once the video is done the 3D project is useless as there is no such player that plays such simulated content until now. SooperpoP allows users to upload still and animated 3D objects as well as displays it around the viewers on mobile devices. Users also can share it on different social media platforms to reach the viewers.
SoopersimS can be created using “ Unity 3D” engine, which is available for free from, https://store.unity.com/
To learn more about the formats supported by Unity 3D engine go to this link, https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/3D-formats.html
Unity 3D is an engine that allows users to simulate and animate or create games, it does not allow you to create and edit 3d meshes, this has to be done in 3D editors like Blender, 3D max, Maya, etc.
Once you have imported the project to Unity 3D create an asset bundle of your project by following the steps given below,
The 3D project can be converted to a soopersim by following steps,
- Download an asset named SoopersimS from the Unity Asset Store, link
- Import the package to unity, https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetPackages.html
- Select your Object Prefab and assign it as an asset bundle by selecting new and assigning a name in the asset bundle window in the bottom right corner of the unity window, https://docs.unity3d.com/500/Documentation/Manual/BuildingAssetBundles5x.html
- Go to Assets tab in the menu bar and select create asset bundle for Android this will create an asset bundle for the Android platform
- Go to Assets tab in the menu bar and select create asset bundle for IOS this will create an asset bundle for the IOS platform
- Go to asset bundles folder in your project àGo to Android AssetBundles and right click on the bundle and select show in explorer.
- Copy this file to other destination folder and rename the file with the extension .unity3d(e.g. SpiderCrawling.unity3d)
- Do this for both the formats the Android format and IOS format, make sure you keep them separate.
- You are ready to upload it to Sooperpop.
How to upload a Soopersim?
To upload your asset bundle file on SooperpoP log on to www.SooperpoP.com à sign in if you are registered or register yourself, it takes less than a minute to register on SooperpoP.
Then click on SoopersimS –>add SoopersimS –> fill in the form with details such as,
- Soopersim Title – Give your creativity a catchy title for the world to remember.
- Description – Describe your Soopersim in brief, tell the viewers the story behind it.
- Category – Select a category for your Soopersim for better search results.
- Banner – Upload a creative thumbnail that attracts the viewers to experience your AR work.
- Asset Bundle (Android) – Upload your asset bundle for Android platform here, make sure you make no mistake or else it will not open if wrong platform file is uploaded.
- Asset Bundle (IOS) – Upload your asset bundle for Android platform here, make sure you make no mistake or else it will not open if wrong platform file is uploaded.
- Anywhere – If you select this option users will be able to view your soopersim anywhere.
- Simspot – If you select this option users will have to reach the selected Geo location on the planet earth to experience the Soopersim. This option is good if your work is related to a geo location ( like a big space ship crashed somewhere in the city or jungle)
- Click on save.
How to test and publish a soopersim?
Once you are done uploading it to the website go to SooperpoP app on your mobile device sign in with the same ID(used to upload soopersims) and follow this steps to test and publish it,
Click on sooperpop icon in the right bottom corner of the screen–>Click on SoopersimS icon–>Click on uploaded SoopersimS icon–>Click on the card of soopersim uploaded by you which is unlisted at this moment–>Click on view(the soopersim is downloaded and played, if your are happy with it) –> Click on publish, now the world can experience it.